Home fire safety advice following house fires over the weekend 

 
 

On Saturday (7/10) at 2.23pm crews from Dunstable were called to Sanfoin Road, Luton after a candle came in to contact with a poster on the wall and caught fire. The fire was out on arrival and the occupant was given some fire safety advice.

Yesterday (8/10) Firefighters from Dunstable were called to fire at a semi-detached property in Dunstable Road, Luton after a fridge caught fire in the ground floor conservatory of the property and spread to the adjacent property.

Although the fire was out on arrival the crew crews used a hose reel and triple extension ladder and dampened down the area.

In the early hours of this morning (9/10) at 1.43am crews from Toddington and Potton attended a fire at a property in Tennyson Road, Luton after reports of a fire in the front bedroom of the property after a torch had overheated and caught fire.

Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera, and buckets of water to extinguish the fire. Positive Pressure Ventilation was used to remove the smoke from the property.

Keep your home free of risk to fire:

·         Working smoke alarms could save you and your family’s lives in a fire.  Have working smoke alarms on every floor of your home. Test your smoke alarm every month to check they still work.

·         Don’t overload your socket – make sure what you plug in isn’t too many AMPs. Know the limit – 5 AMP + 5AMP + 3 AMP =13 AMP

·         More people die from fires caused by cigarettes than anything else. Put it out, right out. Never smoke in bed

·         Most fires start when people are cooking, Never leave cooking unattended

·         Will you know what to do when your smoke alarm goes off? Plan and practice your escape. In the event of a fire – Get out, stay out, call 999.