Smoke alarm alerts resident to fire in a property in Leighton Buzzard 

 
 

Fire crews from Leighton Buzzard arrived at the property within minutes of receiving the call. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using a hose reel, covering jet and a thermal imaging camera.

The annexe suffered significant fire damage as a result of an extension lead catching fire.

Fire Safety Officer, Lorraine Moore said: “This incident highlights the importance of having a working smoking alarm in your home, they really do save lives.

“It is important that if you are using extensions leads in your home, they are un-ravelled. Extension leads can get very hot especially if they are coiled up or overloaded with appliances”.